Damn I love James Franklin. He is better than Spurrier, Saban and Herban Meyer for making fun of. He could very well make this off-season entertaining. He is getting Vandy lots of media coverage. I think that it may not be the kind of coverage that the nerds are gonna like. Check this: Maryland football lifts transfer restrictions on Danny O’Brien, files complaint against Vanderbilt – The Washington Post. Franklin claims to maintain relationships with former players. I think that it is a good thing that he does this, for the players sake. So when a player decides to leave his school and starts looking around for a place to play ball, Franklin can swoop in and pick the low hanging fruit. Genius.
We have been informed by the Southeastern Conference that the Atlantic Coast Conference has filed a formal complaint involving Vanderbilt University football on behalf of one of its members. We are complying with SEC and Vanderbilt procedures and are conducting an investigation on the matter.
I am saddened that Maryland capitulated and lifted the restrictions on QB Danny O’Brien transferring to Vandy. Maryland coach Randy Edsall seems to be a two balled bitch. It really would have been glorious to watch Franklin bitch and moan.
- Vanderbilt Coach James Franklin Denies Tampering With Maryland QB Danny O’Brien (rantsports.com)
- James Franklin Fiddles as Vandy Burns (loserswithsocks.com)
- Report: Terps remove Vandy restriction from O’Brien transfer (collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com)
- James Franklin denies improper contact with Danny O’Brien (collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com)
- Randy Edsall Won’t Let Danny O’Brien Transfer To Vanderbilt, According To Report (sbnation.com)