There is a lot of smoke surrounding Clemson’s Kevin Steele. Dabo is having some philosophical differences with Steele. I suspect that Dabo’s base tenets are not to allow a Big East team to score 70 points and rack up 589 offensive yards on his team in a BCS Bowl. The other smoke is that Dooley is having “conversations” with Steele as a new hire.
One part of me thinks that Dooley didn’t watch or comprehend the Orange Bowl ass rape and honestly believes he could be hiring a real defensive whiz. The part of me questions Dooley’s intellect or urgency. So Steele has turned down Tennessee twice, then gets fired, and we should try him again? Dooley is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results….
FYI Auburn didn’t dick around. They hired Van Gorder yesterday and it seemed to be pretty seamless. I wonder why we didn’t try him?
- Dooley: I soiled my britches (loserswithsocks.com)
- Clemson collapses on ACC’s biggest stage – ESPN (blog) (espn.go.com)
- It was only Clemson for the love of God (loserswithsocks.com)
- Geno Smith dazzles home folks and Clemson in Orange Bowl – USA TODAY (usatoday.com)
- Randy Shannon to Tennessee? (loserswithsocks.com)
- Dooley: Help Wanted. No Experience Required. (loserswithsocks.com)
- The Curious Index, 1/5/2012 (everydayshouldbesaturday.com)