An old Tennessee Athletic Booster is talking about the sorry state of Tennessee Football Program with a young linebacker from Mississippi as they broke down the Kentucky-Tennessee game film. He compares a Tennessee Coach Derek Dooley to a “post turtle”. The young man doesn’t understand and asks him what a post turtle is.
The old booster says, “When you’re driving down a country road and you see a fence post with a turtle balanced on top, that’s a post turtle. You know he didn’t get up there by himself. He doesn’t belong there; he can’t get anything done while he’s up there; and you just want to help the poor, dumb thing down.”
- Bowl Games: An Epidemic of Selfish Coaches (loserswithsocks.com)
- Dooley to step “it” up in the red zone (loserswithsocks.com)
- We gotta be patient people. Dooley needs us (loserswithsocks.com)
- The Tennessee Kicking Game: A Game Changer (loserswithsocks.com)
- Post Kentucky Monday Morning Meltdown (loserswithsocks.com)