First off, I have been watching the Big East offer an ass load of schools like SMU, Houston, Boise and UCF to join this soon to be flaccid conference with amused interest. The way I see it is that none of those mid-majors is going to make difference in replacing the class, tradition, history and most importantly the “star power” of West Virginia football.
Certainly this BE invitational bukkake is nothing more than desperation hoping to remain relevant after the relevancy leaves for the Big 12. Good luck without us Big East. You’re going to need all the luck you can get to avoid sinking into a pool of self-wallowing degradation.
What will I miss most?
- WVU’s seemingly automatic BCS Bowl Bid
- Whiny ass Louisville fans complaining about our fanbase and Morgantown
- Selling out other BE stadiums just cause we arrived to beat that ass
- Blowing out those BE teams that are less fortunate than us
- Playing on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Fridays
- Whipping Virginia Tech’s ass on Thursday nights
- Beating all comers on weekday games
- Continued dominance over (shit on) sPitt
Face it the majority of the Big 12 teams have a long way to go to compete in the us. At least we have some big time games coming to Mountaineer Field regularly. I find it hard to get excited about playing the teams in the Big East anymore, maybe we will find some challenges on the gridiron in 2012.
Idiots in Norman , Austin, Lubbock, Stillwater and Waco will soon learn to fear what the Big East already knows: COUNTRY ROADS!!!
- Big East Fear: My Beloved EERs to the Big 12 (loserswithsocks.com)
- Big East Expansion: Boise State Is the Key to Saving the Big East (bleacherreport.com)
- College Football: West Virginia’s Suit Against Big East Gets F for Frivolous (bleacherreport.com)
- The Big East Will Invite Boise State To Join Its Conference (businessinsider.com)
- AP Source: Big East to Invite Boise St, 5 Others (abcnews.go.com)
- You: Source: Big East to invite Boise State, five others (sportsillustrated.cnn.com)