Oh the collective sighs of relief from SEC cities like Knoxville and Tuscaloosa when my EERs joined the Big 12. The proverbial fox is now loose will be loose in the Big 12 hen house. I bet that Oklahoma voted NO for us joining their league. You all know why, we own each and every school in the Big 12 [WEST VIRGINIA TO SETTLE SCORE WITH IOWA STATE AT LAST – Every Day Should Be Saturday].
I’m fired up now. We simply got to big, fast and mean for the Big East. I knew the end of WVU’s reign as the “Bully of the Big East” was near when Game Day came to Morgantown. Other Big East schools (I’m looking at you Pitt) have always been awed by the tradition and football prowess that West Virginia possesses. This awe soured into jealousy, which in turn led to fear. As West Virginia became stronger, the fear that other schools would be forgotten or overlooked grew. To remain relevant, these schools moved to push us out of the Big East.
Big East you gotta let me know
Should I stay or should I go?
If you get off your wallet & spend a dime
I won’t be here til the end of time
So you got to let know….. Should I stay or should I go?
We’re gone, bitches. Country Roads!!!
I cannot wait to wear the gold and blue down in Austin, Norman, Manhattan or wherever else our men and mountain mommas go to win! And have no doubt, we will win early and often.
- West Virginia Leaving Big East for Big 12 (nytimes.com)
- West Virginia Accepts Invitation to Join the Big 12 (nytimes.com)
- Big East Expansion: Conference Expected To Announce 2 New Members Next Week (bleacherreport.com)
- Report: Big 12 board of directors opts to take West Virginia over Louisville (aol.sportingnews.com)
- Big East Unaware Of West Virginia Early Departure Negotiations (sbnation.com)