1. LSU – They played a nobody this week but they have the biggest and bestest win in the SEC so far. We all need to thank them for removing Oregon from any future BCS NC discussions. I can’t wait till they come to Knoxville for their Waterloo.
2. Bama – Beat Penn State with ease, yawn. The Roids used their gangbanger speed to overwhelm a hapless Big 10 foe. I actually thought they would score 35 plus. I wonder what’s wrong with the Bama offense? Will Saban get it fixed?
3. Arkansas – Really hasn’t played anyone yet. Ranked above USCe because of their head to head match-up last season. Upset special this week, Troy catches Petrino looking ahead at Bama.
4. USCe – They really did try and give the game away. Either way they went into Athens and beat UGA. The achilles heel of this team is QB Garcia. Garica reminds me so much of Rex Grossman but with more substance abuse issues.
5. Auburn – Auburn is doing a good job of channeling the Les Miles/LSU winning style. Two close games but wins nonetheless. They really looked much improved last week.
6. UF – Easy wins to start off against easy teams. We find out if Florida can hang with the SEC big boys on Saturday. I am soliciting recipes for Gator Tail all this week.
7. Miss State – I thought that Mullen had turned a corner. They stood toe to toe with Auburn and came up short. They were caught on the Jenna Jameson rule: they choked on that last inch, HAW HAW
8. Tennessee – Bray and boys beat a tough Cincinnati squad from a strong BCS conference. First SEC test next week. Gator Tail. Tyler Bray: Interview on Playing Ball in the Swamp
9. UGA – Refused to accept the gift wrapped win from South Carolina. Coach Richt: “I haven’t failed, I’ve found 10,000 ways that don’t work.” He has a great attitude. He isn’t giving up and neither should Georgia fans.
10. UK – Beat two cupcake teams. A soft estrogenic schedule might get them to another lower tier bowl.
11. Ole Miss – Would be a few spots higher if they weren’t Ole Miss. Maybe they can at least spank Vandy.
12. Vandy – Vandy is Vandy and like HPV, they don’t go away.