Lucky or not and believe it or not, we have a good coach. Vince Lombardi himself couldn’t have done much more with our roster last year. He still has to prove himself down the road, but really who in the SEC besides Saban and maybe and I mean maybe Spurrier would you trade our coach for?
Who cares if we didn’t beat a team with a winning record last season? Not me. Who cares that we can’t get the right number of people on the field for critical plays (LSU, and UNC)? Not me. Dooley is a Dooley, he has the pedigree! Keep in mind people Dooley learned the football business from the ground floor up. Picking up socks, jocks, and towels for the jockstrap wearers. His daddy, Vince made him do it. I heard the only complaint was that young Dooley put to much starch in the jock straps. That is good training and experience for a Tennessee head football coach.
- Vince Dooley’s passion moves from football to his own backyard garden (knoxnews.com)
- Derek Dooley wants Tyler Bray spirited but mindful (knoxnews.com)
- Derek Dooley Press Conferences Are Never Bad (everydayshouldbesaturday.com)
- SEC Football Is Even Filthier Than Imagined [Hygiene] (deadspin.com)
- Will Derek Dooley Win the SEC Football Championship at Tennessee by 2013? (bleacherreport.com)