“I got a call a week or so ago from a kid,” Jones said. “I don’t know who gave him my number, but I didn’t talk down about anyone. I actually gave several positives about Tennessee like coach Baggitt. I just told the truth about what I know about Tennessee and Troop. At the end of the day that kid made the decision was best for him. Anyone that wants to criticize me about a rumor needs to look themselves in the mirror. I know what I said and it was all positive.”
1. He knows exactly what day he spoke to the “kid”. NSD or just prior.
2. He knows who he talked to but refuses to say his name. People just don’t have conversations with strangers and answer questions.
3. He knows exactly where said kid got his number from. It is one of the questions GJ’s would have asked or said kid would have told him initially.
4. He said he “told the truth about what I know about Tennessee and Troop.” But funny how he did not go into what he did say about either and if he said only positives about Troop and if he said any negatives about UT to a kid he did not know the name of that he does not know how he got his number.
5. “that kid made the decision was best for him.” Sounds like GJ agrees that Auburn was best for the kid
6. “I know what I said and it was all positive.” So everything he had to say about Troop (who UT was in a recruiting battle against) was all positive. And everyone knew including GJ’s that it was Trooper Taylor that the Wrights had an issue with from day 1.